After nearly sixty years of continuous service, the Zelienople Community Park swimming pool is fast approaching the end of its useful lifespan. Our campaign is working to raise funds to replace the current pool as well as to upgrade the bathhouse and surrounding green space area. View conceptual drawings at www.myzeliepark.org.
The Zelienople Borough, the Park Board and a group of community volunteers are happy to announce progress that has been made this year in our new pool construction campaign.
· We have been awarded a $700,000 grant from The Federal Land and Water Conservation Fund.
· Thomas R. Murray, a lifelong community resident, business leader and beloved park supporter has generously donated $100,000 towards the fundraising initiative.
· The Zelienople Borough Council has committed financial support and is providing assistance in the selection of firms to begin the design and final planning phases of work.
· The fundraising committee has made great progress. Watch for upcoming events by logging onto our website or following us on Facebook and Twitter.
· Bricks for the pool walkway are for sale.
Construction is expected to begin at the end of this pool season. Watch for the big equipment coming in Mid to late September.
Zelienople is widely known for its community spirit and wonderful small town atmosphere. This is a place where everyone pulls together and supports their friends and neighbors. It is important for us to support the kind of infrastructure that has made this town so special through the years. There will be any number of ways that you can help to make this project successful and we are counting on everyone’s help and support. No donation is too small and any amount of talent or time that you can contribute will be greatly appreciated.
Click on picture above to print a brick order form
Preliminary Pool Plan:
Construction to begin at the end of the 2017 Summer Pool Season